Helpful Charts, Tables & More
- Brazilian Portuguese Guide for English Speakers_Consonants
- Brazilian Portuguese Guide for English Speakers_Vowels
- Factors Influencing Communication Development in Monolingual Vs. Bilingual Children
- For the following maps, you may need to download the International Phonetic Alphabet font available for free here if the phonetic symbols do not display correctly.
- Important Case History Information to Obtain
- Language Screener_Internationally Adopted Children
- MacArthur-Bates Communicative Development Inventories (CDI) in Other Languages
- Assessment tool for infants and toddlers
- Patterns of Language Development in Internationally Adopted Children
- Phonemic Inventories for Amharic, Arabic, Bosnian, Burmese, Chinese, English, Haitian Creole, Hindi, Hmong, Korean, Pashto and Persian, Russian, Spanish, Somali, Tagalog, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
- Phonetic Inventories...the Speech Accent Archive is an excellent resource which contains native phonetic inventories for hundreds of languages as well as listening samples for non-native speakers of English, including phonetic transcription.
- Table: Cultural Differences in Various Cultural Groups Encountered in the U.S.
- Table: Phonological and Language Features of Dialects/Languages Encountered in the U.S.
Are you looking for accent reduction services, either as a non-native English speaker wanting to minimize your native accent, or as a native English speaker learning Portuguese or Spanish wanting to learn difficult sounds like the trilled R? Online speech training in real-time via video conferencing technology might be the solution for you! If you're interested in finding out more, email me using the Contact Form.
Testimonial from accent reduction client:
"I was a little hesitant to use an online speech therapist, for obvious reasons. But a therapist who was bilingual Spanish-English was very important to me and such a professional wasn't available locally. Ana Paula was exactly what I was looking for: she knew exactly what my frustrations and limitations were. She knew how to target them effectively and quickly. If I had known that I'd have my "rolled r" down beautifully after the third lesson, I would have done this much sooner. I honestly thought I was beyond help and that perhaps my tongue was incapable of what I wanted it to do. I feel like my language goals are much closer now!"
- Robyna H.